I remember, many years ago, browsing the web and looking at all these amazing blogs about fashion, lifestyle, or personal blogs about anything you can imagine. I was just starting out as a graphic and web designer so it was inevitable that I would stumble upon them. Many of these bloggers were writing about how they made what they loved their everyday job and not a job as I knew it back then.
It was when I decided that this is what I wanted to do and also help others.
So, in today’s blog, I will show you how to start a WordPress blog on SiteGround.
Let’s start building your Blog!
Click here to start your blog with WordPress and then, you can follow the steps below to easily set it up.
I have been experimenting with various free blogging platforms, like Blogger or Wix which are self-hosted and also free, only to end up with WordPress and SiteGround.
Related Post: Why You Should Start Blogging
If your main goal is to establish a business out of doing what you love most in the world then you deserve only the best. Free hosting platforms are only for hobby bloggers, which is fine btw, but NOT for someone who wants to make a profit out of his blog.
Investing in a good hosting company will save you a LOT of trouble in the process as well as time. And time is money.
You want stable servers for when your blog begins to attract traffic and one of the most important things (at least for me) is that you MUST have great customer support.
They really focus on customer support and one-of-a-kind developer features that no one else in the industry provides. These are Staging, along with One-click SSL and when you are not a developer or a tech guru, these are a lifesaver.
10+ Reasons You Should Start A WordPress Blog on SiteGround
A lot of people start their blogs on free hosting platforms as Blogspot, only to switch later because they realize that this is the only way to make a profit out of their blogs. Or maybe they don’t want to invest in something when they are not certain on how long they will keep it going.
We are so thankful that we have the opportunity to host all of our websites with them, so this comes out of 100% personal satisfaction and experience. We are hosting with them for over 10 years.
I could count so many reasons why you may want to start a WordPress blog with SiteGround. Below are some of them.
The following information is valid for all plans:
- Their advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the sign-up process. This means that you are able to get the low price for the one year period and not sign up for 3 years in order to get a discount.
- One click Install – You can launch your blog or website with just one click.
- FREE WordPress Installation.
- WordPress Auto Updater – No hassles with the pain of updating.
- FREE WordPress Transfer – That’s for when you already have a WordPress blog and want to move on SiteGround.
- FREE automated daily backups.
- You have 99.9% Uptime – Hands down, no one can give you that.
- FREE SSL Certificate with one click installation.
- 24/7 Customer Support – They are the best in the business.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Their hosting plans start at $3.95/month which is pretty awesome considering all the free services you get.
Siteground’s Staging is one of the most useful things a host can provide. That goes for us as we also work for clients, but also for a new blogger who is not familiar with changing templates or experimenting.
The SiteGround Staging tool is designed to provide WordPress users with an easy-to-use way to create and manage development copies of their websites. If you don’t want to make experiments on your site that your visitors will see or even break it while developing a new feature – that’s the right tool for you.
To make it more clear for you, recently one of my clients asked for a theme change. Now, I didn’t want to experiment with the live website. So I did all the changes and modifications in a Staging environment without risking any downtime for the client’s website. When all the modifications were done, I clicked ONE button ‘Go Live’ and there I have it!
It’s that simple and easy.
Side Note: Remember, that you can always leave me a comment below if you have any questions about the process, or email me at welcome @ katieswealth.com. I’m always here to help as much as I possibly can.
How to Start a WordPress Blog on SiteGround – The Easy Way
Ok, so you are probably on this page:
Important note: Depending on your budget and personal needs you should choose the fitting plan for you. If you are on a tight budget or this is your first time go with the StartUp. If you already have a blog, have some traffic and want to transfer to SiteGround, you should go with the GrowBig plan as your needs are bigger.
Now you click on GET STARTED
Installing WordPress with One Click
After signing up for a hosting plan you will receive an email with all the information.
Once you login to your Customer Area for the first time, you will see a pop-up asking you if you want to Start a new website on your account. Select that option and click on the WordPress button.
The WordPress platform is very easy to navigate. Some of the things you can do when you first start are:
- You can Add a new post on the left side of the panel
- Add images to the Media Gallery
- Choose a nice theme from the WordPress gallery or install your own. We are using ThemeForest for all our themes as they have great coded themes (which is very important for your blog to be fast and run smoothly) and thousands to choose from.
- If you want a sidebar you can add some Widgets, like a calendar or a nice banner
- Sending newsletters to your readers whenever you have a new post up or anything else would be a nice touch-up. I strongly recommend ConvertKit for this, as I am using it too and comes with a FREE trial for 30 days.
So there you have it! You are all set up to start your journey blogging.
I really hope you enjoyed this step by step guide and found it somewhat useful.
Your turn: Did you start a blog? Are you using SiteGround as your host or another host? What is your experience so far? I would really love to see your feedback on this!